General Statement of Guarantee
We guarantee the Longlife stainless steel exhaust system fitted to your vehicle for the period during which you remain the registered keeper of the vehicle, and whilst the vehicle remains in a roadworthy condition, or for the period stated in Clause 1 below for specific items. All guarantees are subject to the conditions and limitations set out below. Your statutory rights are not affected by this guarantee.
Your Longlife exhaust system requires no special maintenance, and provided that you maintain your vehicle in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions, will give you a lifetime of trouble free service.
Claims under Guarantee
In the unlikely event of experiencing a defect in your Longlife exhaust system, we will repair or replace at our option any defective part. The vehicle must be returned (STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT) to the depot where the system was built. If this is not practical it may be necessary for warranty work to be carried out at Longlife’s Head Office. In order to make a claim you are required to produce the original invoice and the registration document for the vehicle. If physical or contamination damage to the system is evident you may also be asked to provide proof of vehicle routine maintenance, or a current MOT certificate before any repairs are carried out under the guarantee.
Transfer of Guarantee
Should you sell your vehicle, the new owner may transfer the guarantee subject to a system inspection and payment of the current guarantee transfer fee. Please contact us to arrange the transfer, and for confirmation of the transfer fee. Transfers of Guarantee must be made within 30 days of the purchase of the vehicle. Transfers outside of this time may invalidate the warranty.
Clause 1 – Items excluded from Lifetime Guarantee
1. Mechanical items, including flexible couplings and knuckle joints are covered for a period of 12 months from the date of installation. (Please note Condition (2) below).
2. Catalytic converters and DPFs are covered for a period of 12 months from the date of installation.
3. Manifolds and Frontpipes are covered for a period of 12 months from the date of installation.
4. Rubber mountings are covered for a period of 12 months from the date of installation.
5. Repairs or modifications to exhaust components or systems not made by ourselves are not guaranteed.
6. Any other items specifically noted as excluded on the original purchase invoice.
Please note that all guarantees are subject to the conditions and limitations set out below.
Conditions and Limitations of Guarantees
1. Surface discoloration or corrosion other than corrosion that results in leakage is not covered by the guarantee.
2. Damage caused to any part of the exhaust system as a direct or indirect result of worn engine mountings or excessive vibration is excluded from the guarantee.
3. Damage caused by physical impact of any kind, including impact with speed restriction bumps is not covered by the guarantee.
4. Damage caused as a result of the failure of a rubber mounting hanger is excluded from the guarantee, unless such failure occurs within a period of 12 months from the date of installation, and has not occurred as a result of impact or negligence.
5. Damage caused as a result of serious engine wear resulting in fuel or oil contamination to silencer materials invalidates the guarantee.
6. Non standard use of the vehicle (e.g. competition or circuit use) invalidates the guarantee.
7. Alterations or modifications carried out to the system by any third party invalidate the guarantee.